Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Trifecta (October 11, 2012)

Santiago de Compostela, Rome and Jerusalem ; the trifecta of Christian Pilgrimage.

Today I leave for the Holy Land as part of the Institute for Continuing Theological Education. I have never been to the Holy Land and I have to say that I am pretty excited about walking in the footsteps of Jesus.

We will arrive in Tel Aviv around 4pm and then travel to the Mount of the Beatitudes where we will stay for the first half of our trip. From there we will make day trips to Cana in Galilee, Caesarea Philippi and Mount Tabor. On Monday we will go to Jerusalem and stay there for the remainder of our time while visiting the sites nearby such as Bethlehem, Ein Karem (site of John the Baptist's birth and the Visitation), the Mount of Olives and sites in Jerusalem itself.

I have no idea what to expect, but I know that my faith will be richer for having been able to visit the earthly home of our Lord and see and touch the places that He loved.

As we prepared to leave this morning the following verses stood out in our morning prayer song.

"Jerusalem the golden, with milk and honey blest, Beneath thy contemplation sink heart and voice oppressed. I know not, O I know not, what joys await us there, What radiancy of glory, what bliss beyond compare."

" O sweet and blessed country, the home of God’s elect! O sweet and blessed country, that eager hearts expect! Jesus, in mercy bring us to that dear land of rest, Who art, with God the Father, and Spirit, ever blessed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. Because this is a moderated comment section, your comments might not always appear on this blog.