Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Leaving Home

It has been quite a while since I made my mother cry(at least as far as I know). Monday I said goodbye to my parents and family.  As I said goodbye to my mom, I could see the tears starting to form and I quickly realized that leaving home never changes.  Most of the time we take leave of those we love with the thought that we will see them again really soon, even if we do not know when that will be.

Leaving on this trip for four months does not allow me the illusion that I can drop in anytime to see the people I love.  There are many ways to stay in touch, but I really am leaving.  As I am now less than 24 hours away from getting on the plane, I am very aware of all of the people in my life that I love and who have loved me: family, friends, parishioners, and even people who I do not know.  Sometimes we have to go away from home to fully appreciate what that word means.

A band that I have enjoyed recently is the group, "The Head and the Heart".  They have a song called "Lost In My Mind" in which the singer recalls,  "Mama once told me that you're already home when you feel loved."  I guess that I am already home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjoA4nYBD5U

2 comments:

  1. We will be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers as you make your journey along "The Way".

    Peace
    Mark + Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you but are so excited for your journey. We will be here to welcome you home. Love the connors

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Because this is a moderated comment section, your comments might not always appear on this blog.