Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pamplona

Encierro. To fence in. This is what the people in Pamplona call the running of the bulls, which is really funny because the bulls are definitely not fenced in.

Bulls, Ernest Hemingway, and Pinchos.


Hemingway's Bar in Pamplona


Cathedral in Pamplona, Spain
These are the features of Pamplona at first glance, but there is also the Feast of San Fermin, the Cathedral, the Citadel and many museums about the basque culture.

We arrived late in town today and there were some pretty mundane things to do like laundry and a shower. I have not had a chance to really appreciate the deeper parts of Pamplona and so I will have a leisurely breakfast with Bernard to wait for the Church and Museums to open up while Chris, Marc and Gira walk to Puente de la Reina.

Later in the day I will walk far enough to get me in close proximity to Eunate. This is a Medieval Knights Templar Church on the way to Puente de la Reina. I will drop back in the train of pilgrims by a half day that I may make up later, but for now I have to remember that the Camino is not just about the miles.

Church of St. Mary of Eunate
"How many roads must a man walk down, before you call him a man? The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind."

FATHER DAVID WALKED 47.8 KILOMETERS TODAY - EQUIVALENT OF 29.7 MILES

Video for Mobile Devices: http://www.shcathedral.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/The-Way-Part-II-Roncesvalles-to-Zubiri-to-Pamplona-Mobile.m4v

7 comments:

  1. Fr. David, I've found myself looking forward to reading my e-mail after work each day for your updates. Fascinating adventure so far. Li Li sends her greeting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts and photos are great! Walking 29 miles in a day, when do you have time to keep us up to date?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness the bulls are not running there. We have a few running here. This is cousin camp week and we have already had a little drama this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree I look forward to your updates each day and they are so cool "THE WAY" you have put them together. You could have been a film maker lol. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a journey! Thank you for sharing that experience of faith.
    Fr Andrés Cano

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a journey! Thank you for sharing that experience of faith.
    Fr Andrés Cano

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fr. David - I am sure that you are aware by now that you definitely are not on this journey alone. We are all thinking of you and praying for you and look forward to all of your updates and experiences.

    Keep the Faith,
    The La Nasas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Because this is a moderated comment section, your comments might not always appear on this blog.